Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Triumph of Grace

Woo Hoo! Well here it is - the moment you've all been waiting for. OK, maybe not. But it is the moment that I've been waiting for - for 4 years! This project began in 2005 and is finally complete. My new book "The Triumph of Grace: The Work of God in Christ for the Salvation of Humanity" is now in print. Copies are $30 and just send me an email if you want one: peterjgray@gmail.com

Below is the foreword by Pastor Timothy Brassell to wet your appetite :)



If you want to understand the truly Good News of Jesus Christ, then you will hardly find a more clear and simple,but in-depth proclamation of the Gospel than this one by Peter Gray! I cannot express enough how much I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book to your reading. From beginning to end, my response was simply,“Wow!” Anyone who truly knows me knows that I am “WOWED” most these days when I see and hear Jesus Christ being proclaimed clearly and accurately. By clearly and accurately I mean as the Jesus Who is Fully God and Fully Man, who is seen, proclaimed, and experienced in His relationship with His Father, the Spirit, humanity, and creation. This is the Gospel as declared in the literal person of Jesus, in Scripture and in the authentic
Christian Creeds. In the grace of the Father, I have been a passionate pursuer of this Christ for over 25 years as a believer and, over the past 12 years, as an ordained Christian Pastor. Rarely have I been as inspired by the Good News and the
dance and dream of God as Trinity as I was when I read this book. For a comparatively short book, I have read few that are as comprehensive and powerful in scope and depth. It is filled with very helpful human and relational analogies that enable one to get a grasp of the truly profound things of the Gospel, and this will thrill both the newbie and the scholar! This book is written with the depth, expertise and thoughtfulness of a scholar, the gritty and authentic experiences of the “man on the street”, and the freshness of one who is grasping for the first time the staggering news of their personal inclusion into the relationship of the Father, Son and Spirit. As one still trying to come to grips with how it is that I have missed this Good News after so many years of “doing church”, I found that even much of that was explained through fine historical insights and succinct exposition on the
doctrinal dynamics that have led us astray. Peter’s expression on the most important topic of mankind’s union with the Triune God, wholly by grace in Jesus, is as thrilling as it is refreshing and needed. This book dares to proclaim the truth of Scripture that Jesus is the Saviour of the World, the One who created and sustains all things, and the One in whom all died and rose, ascending to the Father’s right hand 2000 years ago.

This book challenges, through precise Trinitarian and Christo-logic, all people to dare to believe and hope, together with the Scriptures that God the Trinity has sought and saved the lost in His Son. Peter rightly shows through Scripture that any hope less than all men being led to embrace their union and “be saved” (even past the grave) cannot possibly be the hope of the Holy Spirit, in light of the true person of Jesus Christ. Anything less than that universal truth proclaimed in Christ is anaemic, weak, and bound to discourage.

I want you to read this book and become preoccupied with the dream of the Father, Son and Spirit to include you and all of humanity in the great dance of God’s shared life. Along with the author, I encourage you to dream the impossible dream of the Good News of Christ and in doing so, reject the tradition of non-relational and abstract teachings that have nothing to do with the Truly good News! I want you to be inspired to unite with the practical, real and radical community that believes in the triumph of grace. Indeed I implore you: read this book and embrace the truth of humanity’s place, as found in the relationship of the Father, Son and Spirit, revealed in the glorious, Divine/Humanity of Christ.

This is not the dry and dusty teaching flowing from some watered down and soul-crushing vision handed on to us by the god of our fallen imaginations. This is the refreshing and soul stirring vision of the pure Gospel flowing from the genuine Good News Himself, Jesus Christ. The One Who has embraced you, and all of humanity and creation, in such a way that He will never let any of us go.

Pastor Timothy Brassell

3 comments:

  1. I look foward to getting it by or at the next meeting Peter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peter,
    What a great book! Congratulations.
    I was absolutely thrilled when I read it.
    You have done an excellent job of clearly presenting the gospel and the universalist position. Thank you for that.
    I have read some of the books in your recommended reading list but you have brought together many threads in your book that makes it wonderfully comprehensive (although you say in your introduction that it is only a small piece of what needs to be said).
    Having conversed with Christian friends about my views on universalism I agree totally with you about the list of common objections in chapter 12. And it is very nice to have your answers put down for us.
    The book is very readable. You have obviously put a lot of study into both the history and theology; however the book is not dry but actually very thrilling.
    I recommend this book to anyone.
    Thanks again, Peter.

    I am looking forward to the next book.

    Regards,
    Philip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your kind words Philip

    Peace, Pete

    ReplyDelete