Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The "Good" News!



I was browsing several internet sites today and I came across this little image that I just had to re-post here and discuss, albeit in brief!

What message does this send to folks? You must get it just right in order to avoid hell - that's the message! You might go to hell because you have fallen in to the ways of the world. You might go to hell because despite being a good, moral and religious person, you were born in the wrong country and thus the only religion and only God you were told about were the wrong ones. Or perhaps you will burn for all eternity because you simply neglected to right the wrongs and to teach others how to live properly.

Oh what God is this? Where is hope? Where is the love? as the Black Eyed Peas would ask! I see many Scriptural references to damnation and fear, but no Scriptural references to love. And who is God? Is he fear or is He love? What fruit does it bring your life to believe in the God of whom this could spoken? I can see no hope of any peace, or assurance or rest for the soul. I see only endless performances to be good enough.

This is not good news folks.

4 comments:

  1. Hi peter

    This 'good news'tract reminds me of a couple of tracts i picked up at a church a few months ago. I think i might have shown you - one had a heading "2 Seconds- that are very important" - i think u can tell where that is headed!

    and another one and which both told of the 'good news' of what we must do to be saved....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed Dwell - there is very little 'good' about the 'good news' the way it is presented so often. It is such a shame and I am sure a blockage to many people seeing the beauty of God and the glory that is already in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received something similar in the mail a few months ago. It came with the good o'l rock music will send you to hell message as well. Every now and again someone drops them in our letter box. I am starting to get worried!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Don't worry too much Pilgrim!

    Hope things are well in your world :)

    ReplyDelete